The Development of Gluten-Eggs Free Cookies as Functional Food
- Mutiara Nugraheni, Sutopo Sutopo, Sutriyati Purwanti, Titin Handayani
- Corresponding Author
- Mutiara Nugraheni
Available Online July 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.69How to use a DOI?
- gluten-egg free, cookies, functional foods
- This research aims to develop gluten-eggs free cookies based native Maranta Arundinaceae flour and Maranta Arundinaceae flour rich in RS3, to analyze the chemical composition, and to know the hedonic of semi trained panelists against cookies as well as in vivo evaluation in diabetes mellitus mice. Self rising gluten-eggs free cookies developed with the formula I, II and III. Chemical composition analysis are moisture, ash, protein, fat, carbohydrates, dietary fiber and resistant starch. In vivo tests using wistar mice and analyzed glucose and lipida profile. The results showed that self rising cookies formula I is the most like types of cookies by the panelists. The chemical composition of selected cookies (Formula I): moisture: 4.02 ± 0.66%, ash content 5.16 ± 0.16%, Protein: 0.31 ± at 14%, fat cotent 32.56 ± 0.08%, dietary fiber: 20.10 ± 0.21%, carbohydrates: 24.78 ± 0.32% and resistant starch: 3.50 ± 0.09%. Self rising gluten-eggs free cookies consumption on diabetes mellitus mice can lower glucose and lipida profile. The decrease in glucose profile rate: 45%. The decrease in Total cholesterol, triglycerides and LDL i.e. 30.61%, 30.61%, 20.35%; and 37.16%. Self rising consumption of gluten-free eggs raise HDL of 126.19%. Based on this research, self rising gluten-eggs free have the potential to be developed as functional foods to prevent and management of diabetes mellitus.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Mutiara Nugraheni AU - Sutopo Sutopo AU - Sutriyati Purwanti AU - Titin Handayani PY - 2018/07 DA - 2018/07 TI - The Development of Gluten-Eggs Free Cookies as Functional Food BT - International Conference on Indonesian Technical Vocational Education and Association (APTEKINDO 2018) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.69 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.69 ID - Nugraheni2018/07 ER -