The Development of Collaborative Jig Saw Project-Based Learning Model to Improve Students’ Learning Outcomes in Thermodynamics on Vocational College
- Arwizet Kaharudin, Nizwardi Jalinus, Ambiyar Ambiyar, Remon Lapisa
- Corresponding Author
- Arwizet Kaharudin
Available Online July 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.70How to use a DOI?
- Vocational college, CJPjBL, validity, practical, effectiveness, conventional model
- This paper describes the development steps of The Collaborative Jig Saw Project-Based Learning (CJPjBL) Model in thermodynamics on vocational college. The development of the CJPjBL model applies five steps of the ADDIE model ie: 1) analyzing current thermodynamics learning model, 2) designing the new learning model, 3) developing model and internal validation, 4) implementing CJPjBL model, and 5) comparing achievement of students learning outcomes using CJPjBL model to conventional model. The product of this research was the results of a learning model with nine syntaxes in thermodynamics through validity, practicality and effectiveness test. Expert validity test results on the construction and content of the CJPJBL model with Aiken V were 0.863 and 0.84. The practicality test results by lecturers and students were 83,67 and 80,94 in very practical category. The results of effectiveness test through t-test on student learning outcomes using CJPjBL and conventional model showed significant differences. The means value of student learning outcomes using the CJPjBL and conventional models at the end of the lecture were 88.28 and 74.80. In conclusion, this study showed that the CJPjBL model was valid, highly practical and more effectively used in thermodynamics' course in vocational college.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Arwizet Kaharudin AU - Nizwardi Jalinus AU - Ambiyar Ambiyar AU - Remon Lapisa PY - 2018/07 DA - 2018/07 TI - The Development of Collaborative Jig Saw Project-Based Learning Model to Improve Students’ Learning Outcomes in Thermodynamics on Vocational College BT - International Conference on Indonesian Technical Vocational Education and Association (APTEKINDO 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.70 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.70 ID - Kaharudin2018/07 ER -