Interactive Multimedia about Reproductive Health Education: Revealing its Effectiveness in Preventing Students’ Premarital Sex
- Choirul Afifah, Mutimmatul Faidah
- Corresponding Author
- Choirul Afifah
Available Online July 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.71How to use a DOI?
- interactive multimedia, reproductive health education, premarital sex, senior high students, vocational students
- this article aims at examining the effectiveness of interactive multimedia about reproductive health to enhance senior high school students’ understanding about premarital sex among youths in Indonesia. This study used Plomp’s model to develop the multimedia which covered five phases namely investigation, designing, realization, evaluation, and implementation. This study involved senior high school students as the research participants who came from three different schools located in Surabaya, Indonesia. Results showed that the participants responded positively about the developed multimedia and were able to improve and reformed their perception regarding the practice of premarital sex among youths. This study implies that it is necessary to integrate reproductive health education in the curriculum.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Choirul Afifah AU - Mutimmatul Faidah PY - 2018/07 DA - 2018/07 TI - Interactive Multimedia about Reproductive Health Education: Revealing its Effectiveness in Preventing Students’ Premarital Sex BT - International Conference on Indonesian Technical Vocational Education and Association (APTEKINDO 2018) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.71 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.71 ID - Afifah2018/07 ER -