Wind-Induced Piezoelectric Energy Harvesting Device for Wireless Sensor Node on the Drum of Mine Hoist
- G.B Zhou, Z.X Li, S.X Xia, L.H Huang
- Corresponding Author
- G.B Zhou
Available Online June 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/cisia-15.2015.30How to use a DOI?
- energy harvesting; wireless sensor; mine hoist
- In the surface stress detection system of the mine hoist machine drum, the wireless sensor nodes placed on the drum need to be powered by a battery. Since the sampling frequency is high and the wireless transmitting and receiving data is enormous, the battery needs to be replaced very frequently. To solve this problem, this paper designed wind-induced piezoelectric energy harvestingx8 device for wireless sensor node on the drum of mine hoist, which can charge the battery by obtaining the energy from the environment. In this paper, the structure of the energy harvesting device was introduced, the working principle of wind-induced piezoelectric energy harvesting device on the drum surface of the mine hoist was analyzed, and the piezoelectric bimorph cantilever beam energy harvesting circuit with ultra-low loss characteristics was designed. Based on these, we conducted several experiments with the wind-induced piezoelectric energy harvesting device. The result indicates that the final storage voltage can reach 4.4V at both ends of C3 in the piezoelectric energy harvesting circuit, which means it is able to charge the lithium ion battery.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - G.B Zhou AU - Z.X Li AU - S.X Xia AU - L.H Huang PY - 2015/06 DA - 2015/06 TI - Wind-Induced Piezoelectric Energy Harvesting Device for Wireless Sensor Node on the Drum of Mine Hoist BT - International Conference on Computer Information Systems and Industrial Applications PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/cisia-15.2015.30 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/cisia-15.2015.30 ID - Zhou2015/06 ER -