Environmental Problems and Countermeasures for Sustainable Development in a Declining Mining City Tongchuan
- Aning Zhao, Jianhui Wang, Huaqing Chen, Jianghua Zhang
- Corresponding Author
- Aning Zhao
Available Online August 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/emim-18.2018.62How to use a DOI?
- Declining mining city; Tongchuan; Environmental problems; Countermeasures
- Tongchuan is a resource-based city with coal, cement and clay minerals production. The development of mining industry has made a great contribution to the social and economic development of the city. With the depletion of mineral resources, the city faces two kinds problems: First, for a long time of mineral resources exploitation, the natural landscape has been deeply damaged, and many problems such as forest vegetation destruction, environmental pollution and geological disasters have greatly increased; the second is economic growth of mineral resources industry began to decline. So this city needs the alteration of industrial structure, and a large number of labor transfer. In this paper, we explained the types of serious environmental problems caused by mining development based on Tongchuan mine geological environment survey. Accordingly, we discussed the countermeasures of mine geological environment governance and the sustainable development of the economy.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Aning Zhao AU - Jianhui Wang AU - Huaqing Chen AU - Jianghua Zhang PY - 2018/08 DA - 2018/08 TI - Environmental Problems and Countermeasures for Sustainable Development in a Declining Mining City Tongchuan BT - 8th International Conference on Education, Management, Information and Management Society (EMIM 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/emim-18.2018.62 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/emim-18.2018.62 ID - Zhao2018/08 ER -