This proceeding consists of papers presented online at the 5th International Conference of Early Childhood Education (ICECE). ICECE is a biennial conference organized by the Early Childhood Education Department of the School of Postgraduate Studies, Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia. The 5th ICECE was held online, due to the Covid-19 outbreak, on October the 15th - 16th, 2020. The 5th ICECE discussed how the local and global discourses are negotiated in the theories and practices of early childhood education. The conference invited four keynote speakers from the North and the South, to whom we dedicate our greatest gratitude, Dr. Jan Newberry from the University of Lethbridge Canada, Dr I Fang Lee from the University of New Castle, Australia, Dr. Rhoda Myra Garces Bascal, from the United Arab Emirates University, and Dr. Hani Yulindrasari from Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia.
The conference hosted discussions for a wide range of topics, such as:
1. Early Childhood Education in Covid-19 Era.
2. Policy, Philosophical, and methodological Issues in Early Childhood Education.
3. Teaching & Learning, Curriculum, Assessment and ICT in Early Childhood Education.
4. Access and Quality in Early Childhood Education.
6. Gender, Child’s Rights, difference, and social justice in Early Childhood Education.
7. Teachers Training in Early Childhood Education.
8. Health, Nutrition and child development issues in Early Childhood Education.
9. Art and Creativity in Early Childhood Education.
The conference was successful due to the hard work of Dr Euis Kurniati who chaired the committee, and her excellent team. Highest appreciation also goes to all reviewers and the publication teams who dedicated a lot of their time to assembly these proceedings, and to Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia for the financial support.
Finally, thank you for all the presenters and the authors for their participations and contributions in creating a productive space to discuss early childhood education in the midst of the Covid-19 pandemic.