Identification of active ingredient of codonopsis cordifolioidea by n-butyl alcohol
- Yunpeng Luan, Shuangqing Zheng, Yanmei Li, Qiming Wang
- Corresponding Author
- Yunpeng Luan
Available Online March 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iceti-16.2016.32How to use a DOI?
- Codonopsis cordifolioidea, Active ingredients, N-butyl alcohol, Separation, chromatography
- Current Codonopsis cordifolioidea products are mostly its crude extract, which is of low technology content and low added value, and studies on the active ingredients of Codonopsis cordifolioidea are very limited. To promote industrial development of Codonopsis cordifolioidea product and to increase its technology content, basic researches on this plant shall be enhanced, including identification of its original species, establishment of appropriate animal model, separation and tracking of the active components, clarification of the mechanism of its effect to replenish qi and nourish blood, and identification of its effective parts and active ingredients, thus to lay the basis for establishment of the standards for Codonopsis cordifolioidea as a medicine. This study seeks to isolate the active ingredients of Codonopsis cordifolioidea. Methods: 95% ethanol was used for initial crude extraction, the solution was further extracted with petroleum ether and n-butanol by chromatography, and the n-butanol portion was eluted by gradients of chloroform-methanol (98:2 ~ 70:30). Results and conclusion: three elution peaks were detected at 37min, 1h10min, and 1h39min, and three components: E, F, G were identified. These results indicate that 3 active ingredients can be isolated from raw Codonopsis cordifolioidea material by n-butanol chromatography following soxhlet extraction.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Yunpeng Luan AU - Shuangqing Zheng AU - Yanmei Li AU - Qiming Wang PY - 2016/03 DA - 2016/03 TI - Identification of active ingredient of codonopsis cordifolioidea by n-butyl alcohol BT - 2016 International Conference on Engineering and Technology Innovations PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iceti-16.2016.32 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iceti-16.2016.32 ID - Luan2016/03 ER -