Analysis of Dress Pattern of Body Fitting Without Waist Dart on Chiffon Fabrics
- Idah Hadijah, Endang Prahastuti, Anik Dwi Astuti
- Corresponding Author
- Idah Hadijah
Available Online January 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icovet-18.2019.22How to use a DOI?
- pattern, body fitting dress, waist dart, chiffon fabric.
- The type of research used is descriptive by using qualitative approach with observation technique, interview, and documentation method. Objects in this study were the forms of dresses. They consisted of 3 models, each model consisted of 8 dresses. The total objects were 24 dresses. The results of the study of Dress Model I, II, and III, viewed from: (1) the position of the dress fitting factor, not fit on the waist line, neck size, and armscye ; (2) using the waist dart at the front; and (3) in terms of the position of wise grain chiffon fabric, used length wise grain. Position of the wise grain of the chiffon fabric from the waistline until the lower part of the dress does not have drapeability. Based on the result of the study above, we recommend that the pattern of body fitting dress uses waist dart. If without the waist dart, it is suitable to use stretch fabrics, if using chiffon or other non-stretch fabric, the pattern is placed on true bias when cutting the cloth.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Idah Hadijah AU - Endang Prahastuti AU - Anik Dwi Astuti PY - 2019/01 DA - 2019/01 TI - Analysis of Dress Pattern of Body Fitting Without Waist Dart on Chiffon Fabrics BT - 2nd International Conference on Vocational Education and Training (ICOVET 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icovet-18.2019.22 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icovet-18.2019.22 ID - Hadijah2019/01 ER -