Promoting Integrated Authentic Learning: An Anticipation of ASEAN Mutual Recognition Agreement on Vocational-Education Graduates’ Skills
- Isnandar Isnandar, Didik Nurhadi
- Corresponding Author
- Isnandar Isnandar
Available Online January 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icovet-18.2019.40How to use a DOI?
- Authentic learning, vocational education, graduates’ skills, mutual recognition of skills
- The purpose of vocational education is to provide for human resources with competencies trade organizations and industry need in their struggle to compete and work productively and professionally. To make their graduates qualified and competitive at ASEAN level, not only must vocational education improve their base, but they must also facilitate authentic learning in integrated way, for it is important to anticipate mutual recognition of skills of vocational-education graduates in Indonesia. Based on a literature review method, this paper aims to give some insight as to how to promote integrated, authentic learning by exploring its definition, elements, examples, effectiveness and standards as well as mutual recognition of skill. Hopefully, this learning is expected to lead to productivity increase of labor market outcomes of vocational-education graduates in regional, national, and even international labor market.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Isnandar Isnandar AU - Didik Nurhadi PY - 2019/01 DA - 2019/01 TI - Promoting Integrated Authentic Learning: An Anticipation of ASEAN Mutual Recognition Agreement on Vocational-Education Graduates’ Skills BT - 2nd International Conference on Vocational Education and Training (ICOVET 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icovet-18.2019.40 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icovet-18.2019.40 ID - Isnandar2019/01 ER -