Integrating STEM (Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics) Education on Advancing Vocational Student’s Creative Thinking Skills
- Marsono Marsono, Fitria Khasanah, Yoto Yoto
- Corresponding Author
- Marsono Marsono
Available Online January 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icovet-18.2019.43How to use a DOI?
- STEM, creative thinking, vocational education
- STEM is integrating four specific disciplines area (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) into interconnected learning process based on practical applications. This study aims to gain several ways of advancing students’ creative thinking skills through STEM education based on the learning process. This study uses a literature review method with big data from several online database resources. There are several necessary skills needed for employees to face the tighten workforce competition. Creative thinking skills are very crucial for the worker to increase their productivity in the revolution industry 4.0 era. The lecturer needs to design a curriculum with the newest techniques that are ensuring all components of STEM are met with student’s’ creative thinking skills development. Finally, some suggestions were proposed for future research on reforming and delivering the STEM content to enhance vocational students’ creative thinking skills.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Marsono Marsono AU - Fitria Khasanah AU - Yoto Yoto PY - 2019/01 DA - 2019/01 TI - Integrating STEM (Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics) Education on Advancing Vocational Student’s Creative Thinking Skills BT - 2nd International Conference on Vocational Education and Training (ICOVET 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icovet-18.2019.43 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icovet-18.2019.43 ID - Marsono2019/01 ER -