Implementation of Breadth First Search Algorithm for Verification in the Informatics Engineering Education (PTI) UM
- Syaichul Fitrian Akbar, Tito Tri Prabowo, Rita Purniawati, Anik Nur Handayani
- Corresponding Author
- Syaichul Fitrian Akbar
Available Online January 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icovet-18.2019.56How to use a DOI?
- Breadth First Search; Course Verification; PTI UM
- Courses are the requirement in completing a study; students are considered to have completed their learning process if they have passed all courses determined by the competence of the study program. Students who are yet to pass their credit (SKS) mean that they have not completed their study. Thus, a method which can be used to verify whether students have taken or passed the predetermined courses, one of which, is Breadth First Search (BFS). Such a method conducts a left-to-right screening process to search and verify the courses with algorithm, pseudocode, and graph being the implementation result of the BFS method. In terms of searching, there are four parameters involved: time, memory, complexity, and optimality. Based on the BFS method implementation, it is known that the time spent for the implementation is relatively short, since the BFS generated every possibility collectively, thus calculating the distance of each node is not necessary. The memory required is relatively small, since the BFS method is a blind search. The complexity is in the complete category, since all of the existing possibilities were generated followed by the left-to-right searching process. In terms of optimality, further research using different method was required for comparison.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Syaichul Fitrian Akbar AU - Tito Tri Prabowo AU - Rita Purniawati AU - Anik Nur Handayani PY - 2019/01 DA - 2019/01 TI - Implementation of Breadth First Search Algorithm for Verification in the Informatics Engineering Education (PTI) UM BT - 2nd International Conference on Vocational Education and Training (ICOVET 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icovet-18.2019.56 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icovet-18.2019.56 ID - Akbar2019/01 ER -