A 2-DoF Robot Arm Simulation for Kinematics Learning
- Arif Widodo, Ahsan Muzakki, Farid Baskoro
- Corresponding Author
- Arif Widodo
Available Online January 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icovet-18.2019.60How to use a DOI?
- robot arm, simulation, 2-DoF, kinematics
- Most of the robotics research papers are focused on robot competition and only a few papers discuss on robot education and robot teaching. This research is focused on robot education with the help of simulation to give students more freedom to determine the robot movement so that the trial and error cycle can be avoided during the lesson. The simulation is developed for simple 2-DoF robot arm kinematics and can be used to simulate the movement of SCARA robot. The simulation was tested on industrial robotics class of 22 students. The student response for subject, interface and benefits aspects show positive results with the summary of all aspect is 80 %, indicating this simulation is acceptable.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Arif Widodo AU - Ahsan Muzakki AU - Farid Baskoro PY - 2019/01 DA - 2019/01 TI - A 2-DoF Robot Arm Simulation for Kinematics Learning BT - 2nd International Conference on Vocational Education and Training (ICOVET 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icovet-18.2019.60 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icovet-18.2019.60 ID - Widodo2019/01 ER -