Social Lopsided Exchange: On High Bride Price in Rural Areas -- Taking Village X, Town Q in Heze County as an Example
- Xiaojie Gong, Xin Qiao, Jia Cong
- Corresponding Author
- Xiaojie Gong
Available Online September 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icsshe-18.2018.201How to use a DOI?
- rural areas, culture revitalization, high bride price, rural civilization construction
- The betrothal gift is a peculiar social phenomenon. The high bride price reveals the some culture. The article analyzed the betrothal gift from the theoretical perspective of social exchange. It is essentially a medium of marriage exchange. With the development of modernization, the price of it in rural areas in China has soared and it gradually becomes a deformed custom. Through the study of the high bride price in rural areas to explore the reasons for its existence and the impacts, it contributes to curbing the rise of bride price, and the rural civilization.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Xiaojie Gong AU - Xin Qiao AU - Jia Cong PY - 2018/09 DA - 2018/09 TI - Social Lopsided Exchange: On High Bride Price in Rural Areas -- Taking Village X, Town Q in Heze County as an Example BT - 2018 4th International Conference on Social Science and Higher Education (ICSSHE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icsshe-18.2018.201 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icsshe-18.2018.201 ID - Gong2018/09 ER -