Optimal Design of Adaptive Eigen-beam Beamforming in Electronic Sentinel System
- Tielin Liu, Cheng Zhang, Lizhen Zheng
- Corresponding Author
- Tielin Liu
Available Online May 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ipemec-15.2015.2How to use a DOI?
- optimal design; Eigen-beam beamforming; WNG
- Eigen-beam beamforming technology is a kind of theory to achieve the demanding beam pattern using the linear combination of soundfield decomposition based on plane wave decomposition theory. The eigen-beam beamforming technology is analyzed and the array optimization is reformulated as the beamforming optimization subject to multiple linear equality constraints firstly. Then the optimization problem is resolved in the orthogonal subspace of the constraint matrix and the optimal beamformer weights are achieved subject to robustness constraint. An optimal eigen-beam beamforming algorithm is proposed using the achieved weights. The selection of the maximal order of the eigen-beams and the convergence of the algorithm are analyzed. The correctness and validity of the proposed optimal algorithm is verified by computer simulations.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Tielin Liu AU - Cheng Zhang AU - Lizhen Zheng PY - 2015/05 DA - 2015/05 TI - Optimal Design of Adaptive Eigen-beam Beamforming in Electronic Sentinel System BT - 2015 International Power, Electronics and Materials Engineering Conference PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ipemec-15.2015.2 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ipemec-15.2015.2 ID - Liu2015/05 ER -