Adhesion of diamond film on functionally gradient WC-10wt. %Co hardmetal
- Yigao Yuan, Jianpeng Li, Weiquan Sun
- Corresponding Author
- Yigao Yuan
Available Online May 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ipemec-15.2015.45How to use a DOI?
- Functionally gradient WC-Co; Diamond film; Adhesion; Hot filament CVD
- Diamond coated tools of cemented carbide substrate with high Co content are extremely useful for machining difficult-to-cut materials. However, it is very difficult to deposit a well-adherent diamond coating on WC-Co with high Co content because of the strong catalytic effect of Co. In this work, a new functionally gradient WC-10wt. %Co hardmetal not containing phase with a Co-depleted surface layer was fabricated. Diamond film was deposited on the gradient WC-10 wt. %Co by the hot filament chemical vapor deposition technique, and the quality and adhesion of diamond film were evaluated. The results indicate that the functionally gradient WC-10 wt. %Co hardmetal shows high adhesion strength to the diamond coating, and is a very promising substrate material for producing diamond coated tools.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Yigao Yuan AU - Jianpeng Li AU - Weiquan Sun PY - 2015/05 DA - 2015/05 TI - Adhesion of diamond film on functionally gradient WC-10wt. %Co hardmetal BT - 2015 International Power, Electronics and Materials Engineering Conference PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ipemec-15.2015.45 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ipemec-15.2015.45 ID - Yuan2015/05 ER -