Timing for an Integrated Accelerograph EDAS-AS with GPS and NTP
- Chaoyong Peng, Bing Xue, Jiansi Yang
- Corresponding Author
- Chaoyong Peng
Available Online May 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ipemec-15.2015.44How to use a DOI?
- Integrated Accelerograph; Time Error; Crystal Oscillator Adjustment; GPS; NTP
- In order to solve problems of “jump second” when using only GPS for timing service and inconvenience of installing GPS antennas in some places, we propose a new algorithm combining GPS and NTP to adjust the local clock of an integrated accelerograph. The process flow of the method was described in detail, and the timing accuracy was tested. When the local clock is synchronized against the GPS time output, the time accuracy can reach to 10 s, while if it is only synchronized against NTP servers, we can obtain a time accuracy of 2 ms. Moreover, during the long run test of the system, we have not found the problem of “jump second”. Therefore, this method can effectively solve the problems when only using GPS for time service and the time accuracy can also meet the requirements of strong-motion observation on time precision.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Chaoyong Peng AU - Bing Xue AU - Jiansi Yang PY - 2015/05 DA - 2015/05 TI - Timing for an Integrated Accelerograph EDAS-AS with GPS and NTP BT - 2015 International Power, Electronics and Materials Engineering Conference PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ipemec-15.2015.44 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ipemec-15.2015.44 ID - Peng2015/05 ER -