Big Data Analysis in General Education: Opportunities and Concerns
- Wenjun Lyu, Zhaoqing Feng
- Corresponding Author
- Wenjun Lyu
Available Online July 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iserss-18.2018.14How to use a DOI?
- Big Data, Education Data Mining, Predictive Analysis, General Education
- General education, as important part of higher education, is putting increasing attention on big data courses in universities. This paper discusses the opportunities and concerns about big data analysis in general education by stating predictive analytics, personalized learning planning and introducing machine learning techniques in these aspects. A basic framework of opportunities, an integrated application process, machine learning applications are introduced and performance prediction as well as course recommendation system are given combining the specialty of general education. Concerns are suggested from open online platform, universities, governments and institutions that more security is hard needed in cross-disciplinary learning environment as opportunities are multifaceted.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Wenjun Lyu AU - Zhaoqing Feng PY - 2018/07 DA - 2018/07 TI - Big Data Analysis in General Education: Opportunities and Concerns BT - 2018 International Seminar on Education Research and Social Science (ISERSS 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iserss-18.2018.14 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iserss-18.2018.14 ID - Lyu2018/07 ER -