Study on Current Situation, Problems and Paths of FBO Social Service Specialization in China
- Xianhong Wu, Jianguo Gao, Qin Li
- Corresponding Author
- Xianhong Wu
Available Online July 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iserss-18.2018.64How to use a DOI?
- FBO(faith-based organizations), government, professionalization, service
- In response to the recent call for research on the participation in social welfare of faith-based organizations in China, this article focuses on barriers to specialization inside and outside the organization. Adopting the a general inductive approach, the author studies the system foundation and service status of FBO social services in China , and analyzes the factors that restrict the development of FBO social service specialization. After presents the main issues in the process of FBO specialization, this paper draws the following conclusions: 1.The professionalization of FBO services in China can not be separated from the promotion of the government. 2. The government needs to strengthen policy implementation and promote policy updates in order to support FBO. 3. FBO itself needs to strengthen the organization's internal capacity building, achieve secularization, and strive to achieve the unity of religious values and social values.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Xianhong Wu AU - Jianguo Gao AU - Qin Li PY - 2018/07 DA - 2018/07 TI - Study on Current Situation, Problems and Paths of FBO Social Service Specialization in China BT - 2018 International Seminar on Education Research and Social Science (ISERSS 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iserss-18.2018.64 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iserss-18.2018.64 ID - Wu2018/07 ER -