A Brief Analysis of the Main Female Character’s Growth from the Perspective of Turn - Taking Thelma in “Thelma and Louise” as an Example
- Min Yang, Danye Dong, Lirui Duan
- Corresponding Author
- Min Yang
Available Online July 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iserss-18.2018.98How to use a DOI?
- “Thelma and Louise”, Thelma, turn-taking, growth
- As a social interaction among people, conversation is a necessity for everyday life; furthermore, it is of vital importance to a vivid reflection of a character in literature works. Turn-taking is one of the main aspects in analyzing a conversation, in which participants engage in a talk by taking turns. This essay tries to study four conversations between the main female character Thelma and other characters in the movie “Thelma and Louise” from the perspective of turn-taking system in CA, intending to find out what Thelma’s character originally is and how she grows afterwards.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Min Yang AU - Danye Dong AU - Lirui Duan PY - 2018/07 DA - 2018/07 TI - A Brief Analysis of the Main Female Character’s Growth from the Perspective of Turn - Taking Thelma in “Thelma and Louise” as an Example BT - 2018 International Seminar on Education Research and Social Science (ISERSS 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iserss-18.2018.98 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iserss-18.2018.98 ID - Yang2018/07 ER -