Teaching Mode to Promote Autonomy Learning in Multimedia and Network Environment
- Ying Zhan, Hong Li, Yuanyuan Xing
- Corresponding Author
- Ying Zhan
Available Online December 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/mdhss-13.2013.35How to use a DOI?
- learning theories, college English teaching and learning, autonomy learning, multimedia network
- For the last few decades, the dominated learning theory had transmitted from Behaviorism to constructivism. As a result, a large number of language scholars and educators have paid much emphasis on learners, aiming at cultivating them autonomous learners. The traditional “chalk and talk” teaching mode meets a challenge. Thus, it is inevitable to reform the method of college English teaching. And there are a considerable number of language teachers and researchers are trying every means to find some suitable approaches to enhance their teaching and improve students’ learning. The introduction of computer and network to classes paves the way for the reform of the second language teaching and learning. The present study of this paper endeavors to present a new teaching mode of promoting students’ autonomous learning of English; classroom observation is to figure out the features of the innovated teaching mode; questionnaire is utilized for data collection, aiming at seeking information about students’ opinions on the new teaching mode. Moreover, performances in different examinations or of the different classes were compared to indicate that the innovated teaching mode is effective in promoting language teaching and autonomous learning.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Ying Zhan AU - Hong Li AU - Yuanyuan Xing PY - 2013/12 DA - 2013/12 TI - Teaching Mode to Promote Autonomy Learning in Multimedia and Network Environment BT - 2013 International Conference on the Modern Development of Humanities and Social Science PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/mdhss-13.2013.35 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/mdhss-13.2013.35 ID - Zhan2013/12 ER -