Study of Colors Cognitive Preference in Grotesque Advertising with Influence Factors of Consumers’ Gender, Age and Living Areas
- Delai Men, Yitao Huang, Xiaoping Hu
- Corresponding Author
- Delai Men
Available Online December 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/mdhss-13.2013.93How to use a DOI?
- grotesque advertising, consumers, visual cognition, color preference
- With its strange, exciting visual elements, grotesque commercial advertising challenges consumers’ eyes, stimulating the curiosity of them. People generally form of cognitive by graphic style in grotesque advertisements, but the colors of them are also the important factors that influence consumers’ visual cognitive preference. The color plays a significant role in the process of its information conveys, but in China, only few researches have been made. This paper mainly use the method of questionnaire survey to explore consumers’ color cognitive preferences of grotesque advertising from three aspects of gender, ages and living areas and what kinds of color hue, purity and lightness will attract consumers. The finding would provide a reference for the application of colors matching for marketers and designers in future commercial advertising design.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Delai Men AU - Yitao Huang AU - Xiaoping Hu PY - 2013/12 DA - 2013/12 TI - Study of Colors Cognitive Preference in Grotesque Advertising with Influence Factors of Consumers’ Gender, Age and Living Areas BT - 2013 International Conference on the Modern Development of Humanities and Social Science PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/mdhss-13.2013.93 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/mdhss-13.2013.93 ID - Men2013/12 ER -