The Influence of Interactions Between Offspring Successors and Other Factors Have on Their Succession Intention in Family Business
- Xuefang Liu, Yuewen Wang, Fenglian Li, Lili Pan, Ningyu Tang
- Corresponding Author
- Xuefang Liu
Available Online December 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/mdhss-13.2013.99How to use a DOI?
- family business, succession intention, influential factors, functioning mechanism, the viewpoint of interaction
- The offspring’s positive feelings to family business and the ability or confidence to manage family business are usually cultivated through the interaction of several factors, especially interaction among the individual, the family and the enterprise. These positive feelings, the ability and confidence have direct influence on the succession intention. This thesis firstly introduces the interaction modes between the successor and the family, the enterprise and the society as independent variables influencing the family business offspring’s succession intention. It also introduces the succession commitment, which reflects the emotional factors, and the self-efficacy which reflects the confidence and ability, as the mediators. A series of propositions have been given. This paper will contribute to better understanding the forming of the offspring’s succession intention
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Xuefang Liu AU - Yuewen Wang AU - Fenglian Li AU - Lili Pan AU - Ningyu Tang PY - 2013/12 DA - 2013/12 TI - The Influence of Interactions Between Offspring Successors and Other Factors Have on Their Succession Intention in Family Business BT - 2013 International Conference on the Modern Development of Humanities and Social Science PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/mdhss-13.2013.99 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/mdhss-13.2013.99 ID - Liu2013/12 ER -