Theoretical Analysis and Simulation of Buffer Cylinder for Anti-Water Hammering
- Guolai Yang, Mingxue Li, Guixiang Bai, Meilin Xu
- Corresponding Author
- Guolai Yang
Available Online March 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/mecae-18.2018.31How to use a DOI?
- Water Hammer, Buffer Cylinder, Theoretical Analysis, Simulation.
- Aiming at the serious water hammer problem produced by check valve when the pump stops unexpectedly, an optimal method of using buffer cylinder to quick close check valve to reduce water hammer pressure is proposed. Through studying found that water hammer pressure is proportional to flow rate. And the buffer cylinder reduced the flow rate of check valve during the slow closing process, thus limiting the pressure of pipeline within an allowable range. In this paper, the theoretical analysis and AMESim simulation of the buffer process are designed to provide reference for further structural optimization.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Guolai Yang AU - Mingxue Li AU - Guixiang Bai AU - Meilin Xu PY - 2018/03 DA - 2018/03 TI - Theoretical Analysis and Simulation of Buffer Cylinder for Anti-Water Hammering BT - 2018 International Conference on Mechanical, Electronic, Control and Automation Engineering (MECAE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/mecae-18.2018.31 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/mecae-18.2018.31 ID - Yang2018/03 ER -