Comparisons of Fastness of the Coating Processes of Electroless Silver Plating on Polyethylene Membrane Surfaces
- S. Yu, W.J. Zhang, H.T. Geng, Y.H. Chen, G. Wang, Q. Wu, X.X. Zhu, Q.H. Zou
- Corresponding Author
- S. Yu
Available Online March 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/meep-15.2016.28How to use a DOI?
- component; formatting; electroless plating; polyethylene membrane; fastness
- The comparisons of fastness of the different coating processes of electroless silver plating on polyethylene membrane surfaces were investigated. The average fastness values of the impregnation (from 2.0 ± 0.5 in I3-1 to 4.0 ± 0.5 in I2-1), the brush (from 4.0 ± 0.3 in B3-1 to 4.5 ± 0.3 in B2-1) and the spray (from 2.0 ± 0.3 in S3-1 to 4.0 ± 0.3 in S2-1) with adding the Tollen agent first and then the D-glucose which were more efficient processes (Figure 1) on fastness were 3.2 ± 0.7 (TR-1), 4.2 ± 0.8 (TR-2) and 3.0 ± 0.6 (TR-3), compared with those of the impregnation (the average fastness value of 3.7 ± 0.7 in RT-1 from 3.5 ± 0.3 in I1-2 to 4.0 ± 0.3 in I2-2), the brush (the average fastness value of 4.5 ± 0.8 in RT-2 from 4.0 ± 0.3 in B1-2 to 4.5 ± 0.3 in B2-2) and the spray (the average fastness value of 3.3 ± 0.4 in RT-3 from 2.5 ± 0.3 in S3-2 to 4.5 ± 0.3 in S2-2) with adding the D-glucose first and then the Tollen agent, and those of the impregnation (3.5 ± 0.3 in MS-1), the brush (4.5 ± 0.5 in MS-2) and the spray (3.0 ± 0.2 in MS-3) with the mixed solutions, respectively. Meanwhile, both the fastnesses of the D-glucose firstly and then the Tollen agent (Figure 2) and the fastnesses of the mixed solutions of the Tollen agent and the D-glucose (Table II) were not much different. The highest and lowest average fastness values of coating silver by different processes were the spray processes and the brush processes, respectively. Thus, the optimized coating processes of the electroless silver plating were the spray processes by adding the Tollen reagent and then the Dglucose to promote the adhesive values between the surfaces and silver element for the human beings health and the environment safety.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - S. Yu AU - W.J. Zhang AU - H.T. Geng AU - Y.H. Chen AU - G. Wang AU - Q. Wu AU - X.X. Zhu AU - Q.H. Zou PY - 2016/03 DA - 2016/03 TI - Comparisons of Fastness of the Coating Processes of Electroless Silver Plating on Polyethylene Membrane Surfaces BT - International Conference on Materials Chemistry and Environmental Protection 2015 PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-541X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/meep-15.2016.28 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/meep-15.2016.28 ID - Yu2016/03 ER -