Low-Cycle Fatigue Behavior of Al-4.5Cu-0.6Mg-0.3Si Alloy Containing 0.3%Ce
- C. Wang, J. Wang, W.D. Zhang, X. Che
- Corresponding Author
- C. Wang
Available Online March 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/meep-15.2016.29How to use a DOI?
- l-4.5Cu-0.6Mg-0.3Si-(0.3Ce) alloy; at treatment; low-cycle fatigue; fatigue fracture
- Fatigue test of Al-4.5Cu-0.6Mg-0.3Si-(0.3Ce) alloy with solution plus artificial aging treatment state was carried out on fatigue experimental machine. The low cycle fatigue behavior and fracture behavior of Al-4.5Cu-0.6Mg- 0.3Si-(0.3Ce) alloys were studied. The results show that Al- 4.5Cu-0.6Mg-0.3Si-(0.3Ce) alloy can exhibit the cyclic hardening, softening and stable cyclic stress response which mainly depends on the imposed total strain amplitudes. The addition of rare earth element Ce can effectively enhance the cyclic deformation resistance and low-cycle fatigue life of Al- 4.5Cu-0.6Mg-0.3Si alloy. For the Al-4.5Cu-0.6Mg-0.3Si (- 0.3Ce) alloy, the relation between plastic and reversals to failure as well as elastic strain amplitudes can be described respectively by Coffin-Manson and Basquin equations. The observations on fracture surfaces reveal that under lowcycle fatigue loading condition, the fatigue cracks initiate transgranular at the surface of fatigue samples and propagate transgranular for the Al-4.5Cu-0.6Mg-0.3Si- (0.3Ce) alloy.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - C. Wang AU - J. Wang AU - W.D. Zhang AU - X. Che PY - 2016/03 DA - 2016/03 TI - Low-Cycle Fatigue Behavior of Al-4.5Cu-0.6Mg-0.3Si Alloy Containing 0.3%Ce BT - International Conference on Materials Chemistry and Environmental Protection 2015 PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-541X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/meep-15.2016.29 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/meep-15.2016.29 ID - Wang2016/03 ER -