Fabrication and Catalytic Performance of Au/3DOM Fe2O3 Catalysts for the Oxidative Removal of Toluene
- J. Yang, X.T. Zhao, S.H. Xie, J.G. Deng, H.X. Dai
- Corresponding Author
- J. Yang
Available Online March 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/meep-15.2016.30How to use a DOI?
- three-dimensionally ordered macropore; iron oxide; supported gold catalyst; toluene oxidation; volatile organic compound
- Three-dimensionally ordered macroporous (3DOM) Fe2O3 and 0.48 1.95 wt% Au/3DOM Fe2O3 catalysts were prepared using the poly(methyl methacrylate)-templating and polyvinyl alcohol-protected reduction methods, respectively. It is found that the porous catalysts with a surface area of 45 46 m2/g were of a rhombohedral -Fe2O3 crystal structure, and Au nanoparticles (NPs) with a size of 4 6 nm were well dispersed on the3DOM Fe2O3 surface. The 1.95Au/3DOM Fe2O3 sample possessed the best low-temperature reducibility and showed the highest catalytic activity (T50% = 162 oC and T90% = 204 oC at SV = 20,000 mL/(g h)) for toluene oxidation, which was associated with its well-dispersed and small sized Au NPs, good low-temperature reducibility, and strong interaction between Au NPs and 3DOM Fe2O3.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - J. Yang AU - X.T. Zhao AU - S.H. Xie AU - J.G. Deng AU - H.X. Dai PY - 2016/03 DA - 2016/03 TI - Fabrication and Catalytic Performance of Au/3DOM Fe2O3 Catalysts for the Oxidative Removal of Toluene BT - International Conference on Materials Chemistry and Environmental Protection 2015 PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-541X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/meep-15.2016.30 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/meep-15.2016.30 ID - Yang2016/03 ER -