Electrochemical Characteristics of the Nanocrystalline and Amorphous (Mg24Ni10Cu2)100 – xNdx (x = 0–20) Alloys
- Y.H. Zhang, T. Yang, Z.M. Yuan, W.G. Bu, Z.H. Hou, Y. Cai, D.L. Zhao
- Corresponding Author
- Y.H. Zhang
Available Online March 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/meep-15.2016.32How to use a DOI?
- Mg2Ni-type alloy; elemental substitution; melt spinning; nanocrystalline and amorphous; electrochemical characteristics
- The (Mg24Ni10Cu2)100–xNdx (x = 0–20) alloys are fabricated by vacuum induction melting and melt-spinning technique. The structures of the as-cast and spun alloys were characterized by X-ray diffraction (XRD) and transmission electron microscopy (TEM). The electrochemical hydrogen storage performances of the alloys were also tested by an automatic galvanostatic system. It was found that all the ascast alloys hold a multiphase structure, containing Mg2Ni-type major phase and the secondary phase NdMg12. Furthermore, it must be noted that the amorphization degree of the alloys visibly increases with the rising of Nd content, suggesting that the addition of Nd facilitates the glass forming in the Mg2Nitype alloy. The maximum discharge capacities and the capacity retaining rate of the as-spun alloys are all obtained when Nd content is x = 10. The melt spinning plays a quite beneficial role in the electrochemical discharge capacity and cycle stability of the alloys, and it affects Nd-added alloys more significantly than Nd-free alloy on the electrochemical Performances.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Y.H. Zhang AU - T. Yang AU - Z.M. Yuan AU - W.G. Bu AU - Z.H. Hou AU - Y. Cai AU - D.L. Zhao PY - 2016/03 DA - 2016/03 TI - Electrochemical Characteristics of the Nanocrystalline and Amorphous (Mg24Ni10Cu2)100 – xNdx (x = 0–20) Alloys BT - International Conference on Materials Chemistry and Environmental Protection 2015 PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-541X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/meep-15.2016.32 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/meep-15.2016.32 ID - Zhang2016/03 ER -