A Study on Nutrient Properties and Heavy Metal Concentrations of Waste Activated Sludge Derived from Municipal and Small Town Domestic Sewage Treatment Plants
- X.K. Sun, Y. Huang, X. Dong, C.B. Xu, J. Bai
- Corresponding Author
- X.K. Sun
Available Online March 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/meep-15.2016.37How to use a DOI?
- domestic sewage sludge; nutrient; heavy metal; solid waste reuse
- In order to better understand land application of sewage sludge, the nutrient properties and heavy metal concentrations in sewage sludge were investigated from two different wastewater treatment plants in China. The results show that the OM contents were significantly different between Shenyang domestic sewage treatment plant and Ganqika domestic sewage treatment plant. The OM contents were 48.75% and 77.66%, respectively. The total nutrient contents, contained TN, TP and TK content, were 3.65% and 4.24%, respectively. It was found that the total concentrations of As (182.7 mg/kg dry matter) and Ni (109.0 mg/kg dry matter) in Shenyang sewage sludge, and Hg (23.7 mg/kg dry matter) in sewage sludge generated from Ganqika are higher than Chinese regulation limit of pollutant for sludge to be used for agriculture (GB18918-2002), Hg and Ni elements are main restrictive factor of sewage sludge application for agricultural Use.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - X.K. Sun AU - Y. Huang AU - X. Dong AU - C.B. Xu AU - J. Bai PY - 2016/03 DA - 2016/03 TI - A Study on Nutrient Properties and Heavy Metal Concentrations of Waste Activated Sludge Derived from Municipal and Small Town Domestic Sewage Treatment Plants BT - International Conference on Materials Chemistry and Environmental Protection 2015 PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-541X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/meep-15.2016.37 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/meep-15.2016.37 ID - Sun2016/03 ER -