Research on Esterification Reaction of Gutter Oil with Supported Acid Catalyst
- Y.C. Zhao, Y. Wang, M.H. Qu, F. Ouyang
- Corresponding Author
- Y.C. Zhao
Available Online March 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/meep-15.2016.41How to use a DOI?
- biodiesel; gutter oil; supported acid catalyst; esterification reaction
- Active component -SO3H of activated carbon loaded catalyst is prepared by carbide sulfonation reaction between concentrated sulfuric acid and glycerol. And effects of different reaction conditions were studied on the basis of the reduce ratio of acid value after the esterification reaction occurred in fixed bed reactor. The experimental data show that the optimal catalyst preparation conditions are: mass ratio of glcerin and concentrated sulfuric acid on carbide sulfonation reaction is 1:2, activated carbon fully filled and less affected by the preparation temperature condition. The optimal reaction conditions are: molar ratio between gutter oil and methanol on esterification reaction is 1:12.5, reacting continuously by 5 hours and under the condition of reaction temperature of 65°C. Under these conditions, the esterification ratecould reach as high as 96.0%.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Y.C. Zhao AU - Y. Wang AU - M.H. Qu AU - F. Ouyang PY - 2016/03 DA - 2016/03 TI - Research on Esterification Reaction of Gutter Oil with Supported Acid Catalyst BT - International Conference on Materials Chemistry and Environmental Protection 2015 PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-541X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/meep-15.2016.41 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/meep-15.2016.41 ID - Zhao2016/03 ER -