FDI Inflows, Foreign Trade and Conversion of Government Functions
- Huiai Yuan, Lihong Zhao, Xiaona Zhong
- Corresponding Author
- Huiai Yuan
Available Online April 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/mehss-18.2018.34How to use a DOI?
- FDI; Trade; Government Final Consumption ;VEC model; Granger causality
- This paper empirically analyze relation of FDI inflows, foreign trade and government final consumption, using Johansen cointegration test, VEC model and Granger causality model by using the Chinese data from 1980 to 2016 . The results shows that there is an equilibrium relationship that is negative effects in the short term and positive effects the in the long term between direct investment inflows and government final consumption, that is, FDI will prompt the conversion of government functions to the market in the short term, but it will not be conducive to the marketization of government functions in the long term; There is a long-term complementary relationship, which is a short-term substitute between FDI and trade. In economic development, there is a conflict between short-term goals and long-term goals, between the government and the market. Therefore, this paper point out ,in the transformation and upgrading of China's economy, institutional reforms are needed, and making the government playing a key role in the allocation of economic resources , and the market gradually playing a decisive role .
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Huiai Yuan AU - Lihong Zhao AU - Xiaona Zhong PY - 2018/04 DA - 2018/04 TI - FDI Inflows, Foreign Trade and Conversion of Government Functions BT - 2018 International Conference on Management and Education, Humanities and Social Sciences (MEHSS 2018) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/mehss-18.2018.34 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/mehss-18.2018.34 ID - Yuan2018/04 ER -