Multi-Body Dynamics Simulation Analysis of Crankshaft Assembly in V-Type 12-Cylinder Large Diesel Based on Adams
- Chen Ni, Lin Hua, Zhi-Kui Ma, Meng-Lei Sun
- Corresponding Author
- Chen Ni
Available Online December 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.17How to use a DOI?
- Multi-body dynamics simulation, V-type 12-cylinder engine, Crankshaft assembly, Kinematic characteristic, Load characteristic.
- Crankshaft assembly, as one of the most important parts of the engine, always suffers many kinds of cyclic loading during service. Due to the higher requirements for dynamic property of mechanical system, it is necessary to work on multi-body dynamics simulation of crankshaft assembly quick and accurately. The multi-body dynamics simulation analysis was carried out to the crankshaft assembly in V-type 12-cylinder large diesel by dynamics analysis software ADAMS in this work. The kinematic characteristics of piston and load characteristic of connecting rod are obtained via simulations. The comparison of loads on connecting rod between simulation result and analytical calculation result verified the accuracy of multi-body dynamics simulation of crankshaft assembly based on ADAMS. The simulation results can provided basis for finite element analysis of crankshaft and provided guidance for improving the dynamic characteristic of crankshaft assembly.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Chen Ni AU - Lin Hua AU - Zhi-Kui Ma AU - Meng-Lei Sun PY - 2016/12 DA - 2016/12 TI - Multi-Body Dynamics Simulation Analysis of Crankshaft Assembly in V-Type 12-Cylinder Large Diesel Based on Adams BT - 3rd Annual International Conference on Mechanics and Mechanical Engineering (MME 2016) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.17 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.17 ID - Ni2016/12 ER -