Harmonic Solutions for the Reflection and Refraction of Finite-Amplitude Acoustic Waves in Two Fluids
- Xiao-Mei Zheng, Xin-Wu Zeng
- Corresponding Author
- Xiao-Mei Zheng
Available Online December 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.21How to use a DOI?
- Acoustic waves, Finite-amplitude, Harmonic solutions, Fluid interface.
- This paper deals with the reflection and refraction of finite-amplitude acoustic waves obliquely incidents to a plane interface between two lossless fluids. The study is based on the second-order harmonic wave equations in term of displacement potential in Lagrangian coordinate system. Variable parameter separation method is used to get the special solutions of the wave equations. Source conditions and boundary conditions are applied to determine the parameters in the special solutions. Results show that the amplitudes of the incident, the reflected and the transmitted harmonic waves all depend on coordinates a and b. The solution of incident fluid is composed by three parts: the first part corresponds to the nonlinear interactions of the first acoustic field, with amplitude stimulating along coordinates a and b; the second part corresponds to the linear reflection of the second incident wave on the interface and it remains constant when propagation; the third part induced by the interaction between the first incident and reflected waves propagates parallel to the interface with constant amplitude. The special solutions are applicable to wave incidence with any incident angle, not only 0øand 90øas mentioned in previous research.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Xiao-Mei Zheng AU - Xin-Wu Zeng PY - 2016/12 DA - 2016/12 TI - Harmonic Solutions for the Reflection and Refraction of Finite-Amplitude Acoustic Waves in Two Fluids BT - 3rd Annual International Conference on Mechanics and Mechanical Engineering (MME 2016) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.21 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.21 ID - Zheng2016/12 ER -