Impact Dynamics of a Flexible Beam with Rotation
- Yue-Chen Duan, Ting-Ting Wang, Wei-Wei Zhang
- Corresponding Author
- Yue-Chen Duan
Available Online December 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.23How to use a DOI?
- Flexible beam, Impact, Dynamics, Continuous contact force model.
- Based on the continuous contact force model, the rigid-flexible coupling impact dynamics of a radial rotating flexible beam is investigated. The transversal deformation and nonlinear coupled deformation, which means the longitudinal shortening caused by transversal deformation, is considered. According to the rigid-flexible coupling dynamic theory of flexible multibody system, the continuous dynamic equations of the system are established by using the recursive Lagrange method. The impact force is calculated by a nonlinear spring-damper model based on Hertz contact theory and nonlinear damping theory. By introducing the concept of impact potential energy, the system's rigid-flexible coupling impact dynamic equations are obtained. An impact dynamic simulation example is given to validate the impact model and the dynamic method, and the dynamic responses such as the impact force, the angular velocity and the flexible deformation in the whole procedure are got. The large overall motion, the small deformation motion and the impact effect are coupled.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Yue-Chen Duan AU - Ting-Ting Wang AU - Wei-Wei Zhang PY - 2016/12 DA - 2016/12 TI - Impact Dynamics of a Flexible Beam with Rotation BT - 3rd Annual International Conference on Mechanics and Mechanical Engineering (MME 2016) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.23 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.23 ID - Duan2016/12 ER -