The Vibration Characteristics and Allowable Span Length of Free Span Submarine Pipeline
- Bo Zhang, Ze-Yang Xing, Tao Wang, Zhuo Wang
- Corresponding Author
- Bo Zhang
Available Online December 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.24How to use a DOI?
- Allowable span length, Free span; Submarine pipelines, Vibration characteristics.
- This paper focuses on the free span of submarine pipelines. The vibration differential equation and dynamic characteristic equation of submarine pipelines subjected to axial force and stress analysis were established, and then got the natural frequency. In order to avoid VIV, the vortex shedding frequency and reduced velocity was used as control parameters, and the allowable span length of submarine pipelines was thus derived. By using calculation example, to analyze the influence of flow velocity, axial force, and pipe dimensions on the natural frequency and allowable span length. The general method for determining was given. The result indicates that the allowable span length of submarine pipelines decreases with flow velocity, compression, and increases with an increment in tension.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Bo Zhang AU - Ze-Yang Xing AU - Tao Wang AU - Zhuo Wang PY - 2016/12 DA - 2016/12 TI - The Vibration Characteristics and Allowable Span Length of Free Span Submarine Pipeline BT - 3rd Annual International Conference on Mechanics and Mechanical Engineering (MME 2016) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.24 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.24 ID - Zhang2016/12 ER -