Transmission Efficiency Analysis and Experiment Research of Gear Box
- Jing Li, Chang-Chun Li, Jing Huang
- Corresponding Author
- Jing Li
Available Online December 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.41How to use a DOI?
- Transmission efficiency, Gear box, Energy storage device.
- Transmission efficiency is a key characteristic for gear box, a test system is set up for gear box's measurement. But in the test process, there may have some wrong test results by using ideal mathematic formula which is based on the law of conservation of energy. By checking the mechanical structure of system and analyzing the experiment data, there are some interference factors in this test system. The main interference factor is that there exist some energy storage devices in this test system, when the system is instead state these energy storage devices also can supply some energy to output. If this part of energy is not considered in the mathematic calculation, the test result is wrong which means the transmission efficiency may over than 100%. In order to get the correct transmission efficiency, a new calculation method is used to eliminate the interference factors from the mathematical calculation. With this new method, the experiment process is carried out repeatedly to achieve a decent test result, which illustrates the correctness of the analysis and mathematical calculations.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Jing Li AU - Chang-Chun Li AU - Jing Huang PY - 2016/12 DA - 2016/12 TI - Transmission Efficiency Analysis and Experiment Research of Gear Box BT - 3rd Annual International Conference on Mechanics and Mechanical Engineering (MME 2016) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.41 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/mme-16.2017.41 ID - Li2016/12 ER -