The Solution for Variation of Renewable Energy Generation
- Weizheng Kong, Yunqi Zhao, Lin Liu, Lu Xing, Dong Zhang
- Corresponding Author
- Weizheng Kong
Available Online October 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/seee-15.2015.9How to use a DOI?
- renewable energy; solar eclipse; bulk power grid; power forecasting
- The renewable energy generators have the feature that varies as weather changes. The fluctuation of the power output will break the balance of supply and demand among the electric power grid, bringing risk to the whole power system. In March 20, 2015, total solar eclipse caused a sudden drop and then a surge in solar-generated power that is balanced out to avoid instability in the grid. The accuracy forecasting and abundant spinning reserve capacity as well as the coordinated ENISO-E power grid helped the Germany handle the power fluctuation caused by solar eclipse.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Weizheng Kong AU - Yunqi Zhao AU - Lin Liu AU - Lu Xing AU - Dong Zhang PY - 2015/10 DA - 2015/10 TI - The Solution for Variation of Renewable Energy Generation BT - 2015 International Conference on Sustainable Energy and Environmental Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/seee-15.2015.9 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/seee-15.2015.9 ID - Kong2015/10 ER -