Research on the Effects of the Structure of Air Inlets and Outlets of Porcelainous PTC Heater
- Kan Wang, Ming Li, Kexin Zhang, Zhuoxian Gao, Quan Li, Jiapeng Zhang, Boyuan Zhang
- Corresponding Author
- Kan Wang
Available Online October 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/seee-15.2015.18How to use a DOI?
- PTC heater; thermal comfort; louver angle
- The porcelainous PTC heater is used in electric locomotive cab to improve thermal comfort. In this paper, experiments were taken to test the heat transfer performance of the porcelainous PTC heater in the aspects of heat propagation distance and the interference between air inlets and outlets. The structure of the heater is optimized accordingly. In the operating condition of air outlet louvers angle 30° and air inlet louvers angle 15°, the retrofitted heater not only diminishes the mutual interference of air inlets and air outlets but also extends heat propagation distance.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Kan Wang AU - Ming Li AU - Kexin Zhang AU - Zhuoxian Gao AU - Quan Li AU - Jiapeng Zhang AU - Boyuan Zhang PY - 2015/10 DA - 2015/10 TI - Research on the Effects of the Structure of Air Inlets and Outlets of Porcelainous PTC Heater BT - 2015 International Conference on Sustainable Energy and Environmental Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/seee-15.2015.18 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/seee-15.2015.18 ID - Wang2015/10 ER -