Research on the Conflicts of the Tracking System in Township Junior High Schools in Jiangxi from the Perspective of the Environment of Compulsory Education
- Zhiwen Yang, Pingzhen Zhou
- Corresponding Author
- Zhiwen Yang
Available Online December 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/seiem-17.2018.20How to use a DOI?
- compulsory education, township junior high school, the tracking teaching system
- In China a large number of parents have the same belief in their children's education; that is "Don't let them lose at the starting line". They regard the kindergarten as the first starting line for their children and the stage of primary school learning as a second starting line. And What's more, they believe the process of entering senior high school from junior high school is the most important staring line for all the children. On the one hand, the Compulsory Education Law in China bans the tracking practice of separating students into different groups according to their ability in junior high schools below the county level. On the other hand, the tracking teaching practice is very common and popular among all the junior high schools below the county level for several reasons. First, it is demanded by the parents because they want their children to study with those hard-working students together. If the schools don't do so, they will lose a lot of top students in academic studies as they don't want to be disturbed by the underachievers. The enrolment rates of the schools will also be severely reduced. The tracking system in junior high schools will retain some of the outstanding students. Meanwhile, high enrolment rates will also bring good reputation to the school. However, due to the tracking system, the developments of the students in the ordinary classes have been largely influenced at an early age because of inferior learning environment, teachers, and management and personal foundations. How can we change that? Under the environment of compulsory education system, how can the students in township junior high schools be well educated in different levels? How to make every student become a useful person in the society in the future? This is the key question to be discussed in this paper.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Zhiwen Yang AU - Pingzhen Zhou PY - 2017/12 DA - 2017/12 TI - Research on the Conflicts of the Tracking System in Township Junior High Schools in Jiangxi from the Perspective of the Environment of Compulsory Education BT - 2017 2nd International Seminar on Education Innovation and Economic Management (SEIEM 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/seiem-17.2018.20 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/seiem-17.2018.20 ID - Yang2017/12 ER -