Improving energy efficiency of urban electric transport system using autonomous energy sources
- E.Y. Abramov, A.V. Kapustin, V.V. Ivanov, I.K. Alekseeva
- Corresponding Author
- E.Y. Abramov
Available Online July 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/aime-17.2017.2How to use a DOI?
- energy efficiency; electric transport; traction network; traction substation; energy storage device; photovoltaic; current distribution; analytical calculation method
- This paper is devoted to the study of the energy characteristics of the traction power system of urban electric transport, the development of a methodology for evaluating currents distribution in traction networks and the development of progressive concepts of traction power supply systems. For the implementation of sustainable energy-efficient operation of the power supply system of urban electric transport, the problems of shared use of photovoltaic energy sources and energy storage devices are considered; the conceptual solution of traction supply system on the basis of used capacities, with their substitution by the rational share of autonomous power sources capacities, are offered. The use of a two-sided power supply scheme of the traction network was justified and the need to regulate of currents distribution was shown. The traction network area of Novosibirsk tram was chosen, on which experimental measurements were made with different operating conditions. An analytical method of calculation the average power losses for different feed schemes of the traction network was developed. On its basis, a computer calculation program was created and the dependences of the relative losses were obtained by varying the difference in feeder voltages. The calculation data results showed the significance of potential effects when converting traction network areas into parallel feeder operation provided that the current distribution in the feeder zone is symmetric
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - E.Y. Abramov AU - A.V. Kapustin AU - V.V. Ivanov AU - I.K. Alekseeva PY - 2017/07 DA - 2017/07 TI - Improving energy efficiency of urban electric transport system using autonomous energy sources BT - International Conference "Actual Issues of Mechanical Engineering" 2017 (AIME 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/aime-17.2017.2 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/aime-17.2017.2 ID - Abramov2017/07 ER -