Influence of operational factors on fail-safety and resource of LISB bypass device for spacecrafts
- Zhesfina Mikhailovna Blednova, Nikolai Andreevich Makhutov, Nikolai Alexandrovich Protsenko
- Corresponding Author
- Zhesfina Mikhailovna Blednova
Available Online July 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/aime-17.2017.21How to use a DOI?
- Lithium-ion storage batteries (LISB); Bypass device (BD); Shape memory effect (SME); Contact block; Transition resistance; Operational factors
- To ensure trouble-free operation and lifetime of lithium-ion storage batteries (LISB) for spacecrafts, it is advisable to use bypass devices (BD) with a power element of a thermal drive made of smart material with shape memory effect (SME). The authors presented experimental results of the effect of operational thermal factors and mechanical effects on the operating parameters of BD structural elements (the power element of the thermal actuator and the contact group) and LIAB in general. The authors carried out bench tests in conditions, simulating the operational ones, performed on the experimental base of PJSC "Saturn" (Krasnodar). Thermocycling is in the temperature range from minus 50 ø to plus 50 ø . Tests were aimed at revealing resistance to mechanical influences with respect to the absence of resonant frequencies. There were also tests for broadband random vibration; tests for resistance to single shocks, simulating the load caused by a carrier rocket; tests for revealing the resistance to multiple shocks, imitating the impact of transportation. These tests confirmed the working efficiency of the BD. Resource tests were performed at temperature of -50 ø C for 57 days, at temperature of +70 ø C - for 156 days, which corresponded to four years of storage and 11.6 years of unloaded operation. Tests at temperature of + 50 ø C for 68 days, corresponding to 3,4 years of operation under load, confirmed the working efficiency of the BD. Comparative analysis of domestic and foreign BDs by such important indicator as transient resistance showed that the considered variant of the BD design has a clear advantage over its analogues
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Zhesfina Mikhailovna Blednova AU - Nikolai Andreevich Makhutov AU - Nikolai Alexandrovich Protsenko PY - 2017/07 DA - 2017/07 TI - Influence of operational factors on fail-safety and resource of LISB bypass device for spacecrafts BT - International Conference "Actual Issues of Mechanical Engineering" 2017 (AIME 2017) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/aime-17.2017.21 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/aime-17.2017.21 ID - Blednova2017/07 ER -