Estimation Method of Oil Displacement Efficiency Based on Standard Core Analysis
- E.A. Gladkikh, G.P. Khizhniak, V.I. Galkin
- Corresponding Author
- E.A. Gladkikh
Available Online July 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/aime-17.2017.40How to use a DOI?
- component; displacement efficiency, reservoir properties, regression equation, carbonate deposits
- The article is dedicated to the estimation of oil displacement efficiency. It is obligatory for the estimation of mineable reserves, feasibility study of oil recovery efficiency and control of the field development. The complexity of its laboratory determination is caused by the labor intensity and duration of experiments. When the amount of core is insufficient for the filtration experiments or there is no core at all, the displacement efficiency is estimated either by analogy with the neighboring fields or by analytical dependences which are crucial. During the generalization and analysis of some considerable amount of the experimental data, the authors have developed the method of oil displacement efficiency estimation without its laboratory determination. The proposed method is based on the use of the data from the previously conducted researches to develop the statistical models of the displacement efficiency estimation with the use of the linear stepwise regression and discriminatory analyses. To implement the method, it is required to know the reservoir properties, along with oil viscosity, such as porosity, permeability, residual water saturation and volume density of rocks during the standard core analysis. The article includes the main stages of the method implementation for the Bashkir carbonate and Visean terrigenous sediments in the deposits of the Bashkir formation of Perm Region. In the course of the initial data analysis, it has been established that there are certain categories of values, for which the regression equations are statistically substantiated. They demonstrate a great similarity of the model and the experimental values of the displacement efficiency.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - E.A. Gladkikh AU - G.P. Khizhniak AU - V.I. Galkin PY - 2017/07 DA - 2017/07 TI - Estimation Method of Oil Displacement Efficiency Based on Standard Core Analysis BT - International Conference "Actual Issues of Mechanical Engineering" 2017 (AIME 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/aime-17.2017.40 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/aime-17.2017.40 ID - Gladkikh2017/07 ER -