Design of installation for preparation of food chitosan from crab shell containing raw material by electrophysical processing
- Irina Glotova, Nadezhda Galochkina, Mikhail Yarovoy, Igor Maksimov, Vladimir Balabaev, Sergey Shakhov, Nadezhda Korolkova, Anna Kubasova
- Corresponding Author
- Irina Glotova
Available Online July 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/aime-17.2017.41How to use a DOI?
- chitin, chitosan, electro-shocks, the degree of deacetylation, shrimp shell
- Traditional technologies of chitosan producing may negatively affect the main quality parameters of chitosan (molecular weight, the degree of deacetylation) due to hard alkali-acid treatment of raw materials. The authors propose an alternative technical approach. It involves the use of electrohydraulic shocks, which use extra-long bits. For reproduction of the electrohydraulic shocks in the volume of the compound, consisting of the shell of crustaceans and water in the ratio of 1:15, the authors used the installation which transforms the source of energy by means of the condenser as the accumulator of electrical energy. This scheme is implemented in the original technical solution of the apparatus for producing chitin and chitosan. The processing of shell crustaceans is advantageous when carried out with an average mode of operation of the electro-hydraulic setup, the capacitance of the capacitor (C) = 0.1 æf; voltage U = 50 kV; the distance between electrodes (l) = 25 mm; the temperature of the mixture (t) = 20 øC. The resulting suspension is passed through a suction filter, the precipitate is placed in the reactor with a mixer and a shirt. The precipitate is treated with hydrochloric acid with volume fraction of 2-4% with the hydraulic module of 1:10, a temperature of 20-25 and stirring for 2 h. Further, the solid and the liquid fractions were separated. Depending on the kind of used shell crustaceans, next a solution of sodium hydroxide with a mass fraction of 35-45% was added to the obtained chitin and the mixture was incubated at a temperature of 95-98 øC during 1-2 hours. The proposed approach has the following advantages: the stages of grinding and deproteinization of the raw materials are combined, the additional use of alkali is excluded at the stage of deproteinization.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Irina Glotova AU - Nadezhda Galochkina AU - Mikhail Yarovoy AU - Igor Maksimov AU - Vladimir Balabaev AU - Sergey Shakhov AU - Nadezhda Korolkova AU - Anna Kubasova PY - 2017/07 DA - 2017/07 TI - Design of installation for preparation of food chitosan from crab shell containing raw material by electrophysical processing BT - International Conference "Actual Issues of Mechanical Engineering" 2017 (AIME 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/aime-17.2017.41 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/aime-17.2017.41 ID - Glotova2017/07 ER -