Optimization of Stirling engine operation based on mathematical modeling
- Aleksandr Makarovich Gaponenko, Aleksandra Aleksandrovna Kagramanova
- Corresponding Author
- Aleksandr Makarovich Gaponenko
Available Online July 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/aime-17.2017.47How to use a DOI?
- optimization, cluster approach, theory of random processes, simulation model of hybrid cluster
- The opportunity of application of Stirling engine with non-conventional and renewable sources of energy was considered in the paper. The advantage of such use was demonstrated. The expression for the thermal efficiency of the Stirling engine was obtained. It was shown that the work per cycle is proportional to the amount of substance, and, hence, to the pressure of the working fluid, to the temperature difference. The work per cycle, to a lesser extent, depends on the expansion coefficient. The efficiency of ideal Stirling cycle coincides with the efficiency of an ideal engine, working according to the Carnot cycle, which compares favourably a Stirling cycle with the cycles of Otto and Diesel underlying the engine. It has been established that among the four input parameters, there is only one parameter which can be easily changed during operation and which influences effectively the operation of the engine. This parameter is the phase difference. The paper presents results of optimization of various temperature parameters, corresponding to high and low potential heat sources for various values of the ratio of the compression chamber to the volume of the expansion chamber. The optimal value of this parameter depends on the conditions under which the engine is designed. The mathematical model of Schmidt cycle was considered, and the operation of Stirling engine in the approximation of Schmidt by means of numerical analysis is analysed. To conduct numerical experiments, the program-function in the MathLab language was developed. The results of numerical experiments are illustrated by graphical charts
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Aleksandr Makarovich Gaponenko AU - Aleksandra Aleksandrovna Kagramanova PY - 2017/07 DA - 2017/07 TI - Optimization of Stirling engine operation based on mathematical modeling BT - International Conference "Actual Issues of Mechanical Engineering" 2017 (AIME 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/aime-17.2017.47 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/aime-17.2017.47 ID - Gaponenko2017/07 ER -