Proceedings of the 2nd Annual Conference on Social Science and Humanities (ANCOSH 2020)

Contribution of Environment in the Riverbanks and Peer Group to Drug Abuse

Authors
Dita Widiawati, Nina Permata Sari, Eklys Cheseda Makaria
Corresponding Author
Dita Widiawati
Available Online 14 April 2021.
DOI
https://doi.org/10.2991/assehr.k.210413.041How to use a DOI?
Keywords
drug abuse, social environment at riverbanks, peer
Abstract
Drug abuse is the use of narcotics, psychotropic substances and other addictive substances with the aim of having fun and without a doctor’s recommendation. One of the things that influence drug use is peer groups. In addition, the social environment along the riverbanks which are residential areas can also influence drug use behavior. Therefore, this study aims to determine the contribution between the social environment in the riverbanks and peer groups to the drug abuse among adolescents in the sub-district of South Banjarmasin. This is quantitative study using the type of contribution research. The sample this study using purposive sampling technique, there were 301 people from 5 schools in South Banjarmasin sub-district. The result, model summary display 0.5% of the variation in drug use (Y) can be explained by the variation of variables from the social environment along the river (X1) and peer groups (X2), while the rest (99.5%) is explained by other reasons. The regression model for the social environment variable in the riverbank and peer groups is the level of significance, which is 0.544, it can be concluded no contribution between the social environment in the riverbanks and peer groups with drug use among adolescents in South-Banjarmasin District.
Open Access
This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.

Download article (PDF)

Cite this article

TY  - CONF
AU  - Dita Widiawati
AU  - Nina Permata Sari
AU  - Eklys Cheseda Makaria
PY  - 2021
DA  - 2021/04/14
TI  - Contribution of Environment in the Riverbanks and Peer Group to Drug Abuse
BT  - Proceedings of the 2nd Annual Conference on Social Science and Humanities (ANCOSH 2020)
PB  - Atlantis Press
SP  - 175
EP  - 179
SN  - 2352-5398
UR  - https://doi.org/10.2991/assehr.k.210413.041
DO  - https://doi.org/10.2991/assehr.k.210413.041
ID  - Widiawati2021
ER  -