Strategies of Translating Chinese Address Terms into English in Teaching
- Bin Chen, Shiyu Peng, Wenyan Mao
- Corresponding Author
- Bin Chen
Available Online November 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icelaic-15.2016.14How to use a DOI?
- Chinese address terms; English address terms; cultural differences; strategies for translation
- Due to cultural differences, Chinese address terms are more complicated than English address terms, and the number of Chinese address terms are much more than English address terms. It is hard to find equivalent English address terms for some Chinese address terms with unique Chinese culture in translation. The present author discussed four pieces of strategies of translating Chinese address terms into English in teaching, and called for college English teachers to guide their students to understand cultural differences between Chinese and English address terms and to use the strategies in translating Chinese address terms into English.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Bin Chen AU - Shiyu Peng AU - Wenyan Mao PY - 2015/11 DA - 2015/11 TI - Strategies of Translating Chinese Address Terms into English in Teaching BT - 2015 2nd International Conference on Education, Language, Art and Intercultural Communication (ICELAIC-15) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icelaic-15.2016.14 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icelaic-15.2016.14 ID - Chen2015/11 ER -