Analysis of Ocean Reverberation Characteristics Based on the Vector Hydrophones
- Bing Jia, Yunfei Chen, Yang Zhang, Feng Gao
- Corresponding Author
- Bing Jia
Available Online May 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ipemec-15.2015.7How to use a DOI?
- Vector Hydrophone; Ocean Reverberation; Measurement
- Focusing on the disturbance of ocean reverberation in active sonar detection, this article researched the characteristics of vector ocean reverberation when vector hydrophones were the receivers. By experiments and theoretic analyses, scalar and vector ocean reverberation was gained when transmitting signal with different frequencies, impulse widths, receivers at different depths, and the source levels and laws of energy attenuation were analyzed statistically. By comparison, reverberation received by vector hydrophones was found to have characteristic of lower reverberation levels and faster attenuation, thus, vector hydrophones have the ability of anti-reverberation.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Bing Jia AU - Yunfei Chen AU - Yang Zhang AU - Feng Gao PY - 2015/05 DA - 2015/05 TI - Analysis of Ocean Reverberation Characteristics Based on the Vector Hydrophones BT - 2015 International Power, Electronics and Materials Engineering Conference PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ipemec-15.2015.7 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ipemec-15.2015.7 ID - Jia2015/05 ER -