A Design and Application of RFID Gantry
- Quan Gang Wen, Yongbing Xu
- Corresponding Author
- Quan Gang Wen
Available Online May 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ipemec-15.2015.13How to use a DOI?
- Gantry RFID Warehouse Management
- The warehouse management mainly consists of the processes of warehouse entry, warehouse delivery, storage moving and inventory verification. In traditional warehouse management, bar-code technology is widely used while the RFID becomes more and more popular in the modern warehouse management. By contrast, the RFID is more advantageous than the bar-code for its massive identification of goods in every aspect of a process in the modern warehouse management. Based on the requirements of the process of in-out stock, we have made an analysis on the principle of RFID and designed the device of RFID gantry which meets a standard of ISO/IEC 18000-6. The practical running of this device involves the working of both hardware and software. The testing result shows it can be used in practical logistical warehouse management and bring about better ends. The application of the RFID technology can promote the speed of in-out stock, consequently reducing spare stocks, improving efficiency in space utilization and keeping the cost of work force down.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Quan Gang Wen AU - Yongbing Xu PY - 2015/05 DA - 2015/05 TI - A Design and Application of RFID Gantry BT - 2015 International Power, Electronics and Materials Engineering Conference PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ipemec-15.2015.13 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ipemec-15.2015.13 ID - Wen2015/05 ER -