Numerical investigation of thermomagnetic convection of electrically conducting fluids under an inclined magnetic field using lattice Boltzmann method
- Nan Xie, Changwei Jiang, Yihai He, Ming Yao
- Corresponding Author
- Nan Xie
Available Online May 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ipemec-15.2015.41How to use a DOI?
- lattice Boltzmann method; numerical simulation; thermomagnetic convection; inclined magnetic field; electrically conducting fluid
- In the present work, natural convection in a square cavity filled with an electrically conducting fluid has been numerically investigated in the presence of an inclined magnetic field using lattice Boltzmann method. The vertical walls of this two-dimensional cavity are heated differentially while the horizontal walls are assumed to be adiabatic. The flow and temperature field distributions are obtained and the average Nusselt numbers on the left hot wall is calculated. Available results reveal that both the Hartmann number and the inclination angles of magnetic field have significant influence on the heat transfer.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Nan Xie AU - Changwei Jiang AU - Yihai He AU - Ming Yao PY - 2015/05 DA - 2015/05 TI - Numerical investigation of thermomagnetic convection of electrically conducting fluids under an inclined magnetic field using lattice Boltzmann method BT - 2015 International Power, Electronics and Materials Engineering Conference PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ipemec-15.2015.41 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ipemec-15.2015.41 ID - Xie2015/05 ER -