Discussion on the Teaching Mode of Applied Development Courses under Emerging Engineering Education
- Yu Luo, Yanlei Luo, Chuanbao Guan
- Corresponding Author
- Yu Luo
Available Online July 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iserss-18.2018.4How to use a DOI?
- Emerging Engineering Education, project driven teaching, Applied Development Courses, teaching mode, collaborative learning
- The Applied Development Courses refer to those courses that emphasize hands-on skills. In the current Emerging Engineering Education, these courses aim to develop complex engineering practical system. It is very difficult to transfer knowledge to skill in a short period by purely depending on lecture and experiment. A novel teaching mode is proposed in order to balance the contradiction between the reduction of teaching hour and the improvement of teaching requirements. This mode adds project driven task based on team collaborative learning to the current teaching mode. We put forward a series of solutions to process supervising, individual assessment in team and after-class tutorial . In the execution of this teaching mode, the students' team cooperation ability, system developing skills and project recommendation ability are cultivated. This mode breaks up the traditional mode as teacher's unilateral teaching and students’ passive learning.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Yu Luo AU - Yanlei Luo AU - Chuanbao Guan PY - 2018/07 DA - 2018/07 TI - Discussion on the Teaching Mode of Applied Development Courses under Emerging Engineering Education BT - 2018 International Seminar on Education Research and Social Science (ISERSS 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iserss-18.2018.4 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iserss-18.2018.4 ID - Luo2018/07 ER -