Research on the Influence of VR Technology on Product Design
- Chen Chen, Joung Hyung Cho
- Corresponding Author
- Chen Chen
Available Online July 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iserss-18.2018.25How to use a DOI?
- VR technology, product design, virtual reality, Digital
- As virtual reality (VR) technology progresses, the application of it is constantly expanding and it has been penetrating in many fields. The research object of this article is to explore the development trend of future product design and the feasibility of integrating VR technology according to the movements of the current product market and the needs of customers. The purpose of this paper is to apply VR technology to the process of product design, to bring advantages and value to product development and innovation, and to bring convenience and scientificity to the creation of designers. By adopting comparative analysis and enumerating instance, this paper analyzes and studies the characteristics, practicability, display mode of VR technology in the present stage, and elaborates its influence on the product design realm. In the digital era, VR technology enables customers to form a renewed cognition for the appearance, functionality, and operation of modern products. The product design should also find applications and expansion in the development of digitalization and virtualization. The application of VR technology can provide more forward-looking ideas for product design.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Chen Chen AU - Joung Hyung Cho PY - 2018/07 DA - 2018/07 TI - Research on the Influence of VR Technology on Product Design BT - 2018 International Seminar on Education Research and Social Science (ISERSS 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iserss-18.2018.25 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iserss-18.2018.25 ID - Chen2018/07 ER -